This will be a traditional q2 jump/mapping tournament, with a few twists to make it interesting. A general outline is below, with the specifics of each side of the tournament in their own respective section.
- Tournament will start roughly October 9th. Maps will be due around the same time.
- New maps made by the community that all feature an identity (explained below)
- Matches are played on the new maps
- Mapping contest maps are judged by gameplay and creativity
- Sign-ups are on our Discord
- If you are new, and want to try to get involved, ask us questions on discord to get set up.
What’s an identity? An identity is generally a defining characteristic of the map. This could either be a unique environment, a creative jump, or anything else setting it apart from other maps. The idea behind this is to create distinctive maps that people remember. Here are some examples.
Current Prizepool: Total: $200
Twenty minute time limits for each map, played live. Group stages will have brand new, unseen maps. The top players of the group stages will go to a final. The bottom players will go to an LCQ, where they fight for the few remaining spots in the final.
The mapping contest is the twist this time around. Each map will feature an identity. An identity is generally a defining characteristic of the map. This could either be a unique environment, a creative jump, or anything else setting it apart from other maps. The idea behind this is to create distinctive maps that people remember. Here are some examples. Further guidelines are below.
- The map must have an identity of some kind, this could be:
- a unique setting/theme
- a creative jump/sequence of jumps
- anything similar to the link to examples above
- An identity is NOT:
- the entirety of the map is a gimmick, IE the aids/gay series of maps
- a random jump, IE, moving blocks, invisible walls, difficult to replicate glitches
- The approximate perfect time is between 20 and 45 seconds
- this is for a perfect time, meaning not everyone will finish within the 45 second limit
- 45 seconds is a HARD cutoff, meaning the map won’t be included if it goes over the limit
- you are free to make a longer/harder version after the tournament
- The difficulty should be anywhere from easy to medium
- ideally the maps should be completable by most players
- if you wish to include a hard jump, perhaps include a longer, easier side path
- examples of difficulty to shoot for would be, the ccup maps, ariejumps, adrenjumps, 4jumps
- Any style of map is fine, ie. ice, tech, strafe, tower maps
- the only exception would be pure flat strafe, as it would likely violate the identity rule
- no secret routes, or hidden shortcuts, normal shortcuts are fine
- the route of the map should be relatively understandable, these have to be competitive for 20 minute matches
- Mappers are free to submit multiple maps, but they must be in different styles / identities
- mappers can participate in the jump tournament, but they won’t play their own maps in group stages
- Judging will be based on gl_modulate 3, intensity 1.85, vid_gamma 1
The judging will be done via a survey of players who participated in the cup and people who have played the maps on the main server.
||How creative is the identity/overall map?
||How does it play competitively?
© Deine Mudda 2020